Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer Fully Automated
Features and Functions
- TPC System is used to control the instrument. Pre-installed AA-Win Pro software, user manuals, cook book and Windows 7 professional operating system.
- AA-Win Pro software provides full control of the in- strument and autosampler with easy method change for each technique.
- Automatic 8 Hollow Cathode lamp turret controlled and optimised by the AA-Win Pro software. Operat- ing lamp current and warm-up lamp current can be individually controlled to eliminate drift commonly as- sociated with lamp warming.
- D2 lamp background correction system fitted as stan- dard to all configurations. High energy D2 lamp and adjustable beam splitter mirror are optimised by the AA-Win pro software.
- Self Reversal background correction system fitted as standard to all configurations. The high performance background system uses the same hollow cathode lamp as installed for the analysis. Minimum extra com- ponents are required and optical alignment is very simple. Self Reversal can be used for any element at any wavelength making it extremely versatile.
- High precision minimal optics ensures maximum light throughput to the computer controlled Czerny-Turner monochromator.
- A universal autosampler is available as an optional accessory which is conveniently mounted on the front of the AAS-3800 instrument.
- The Air/Acetylene flame uses a 100mm single slot burner for the standard configuration.
- The high sensitivity (Cu 2ppm >0.280abs) is due to the efficiency of the fixed position glass nebuliser fitted as standard. An acid resistant replacement is available as an option.
- The flame can be easily set from blue lean flame through stoichiometric to fuel rich by means of computer control.
- The N20/Acetylene flame uses a 50mm single slot burner and is available as an optional extra.
- This flame configuration is used to measure elements less prone to ionization such as: Aluminium, Tin, Titanium, Calcium, Vanadium and Molybdenum.
- Switching from Air/Acetylene to N20/Acetylene to Flame Off is fully controlled by the AAWinPro software.
- This flame uses a 3 slot burner and with the Iow pressure requirement, it is also much safer to operate.
- Due to the low temperature of the flame, it is ideal for analyzing alkali metals such as: Potassium, Sodium and Lithium, especially when used in the emission mode.
- Some remote areas of the world have difficulty obtaining Acetylene gas of a high enough purity to operate the flame correctly, LPG can give a real alternative and offer comparable results for most elements throughout the wavelength range.