Fish scales are studied in detail because, like trees, the fine markings on them record the age and growth patterns of a fish. However, when dry, a fish scale can curl and warp, making it hard to read and measure through a microscope or power magnifier. The solution is to make an accurate impression of a fish scale in plastic, which will remain flat for easy reading and measuring. Unlike the scale itself, the plastic copy will be preserved indefinitely. Ship wt: 53 lbs.
• Two calibrated pressure dials
• Less pressure needed – adjustable
• Use with 1 x 3” or 3 x 5” plastic slides (112-A)
• Hardened extra-large steel rollers, large gears
• Functions without heat (operates from 17° to 24° C)