The 2010 Geno/Grinder is a high-throughput tissue homogenizer with an adjustable clamp that accommodates up to six deep-well titer plates or multiple sample tubes from 2mL to 50mL.
It is specifically designed for rapid cell disruption, lysis and tissue homogenization. Kryotech® accessories are available to preserve temperature sensitive samples. The Geno/Grinder is used globally in drug discovery labs to wishing to minimize cross contamination, increase throughput, reproducibility and extraction efficiency of DNA/RNA and proteins.
- Automated mechanical disruption through bead beating, ideal for high-throughput applications for DNA/RNA, and protein extractions
- Fully programmable touch screen for run time, rate, cycles and pause time. Up to 500 protocols can be saved.
- Optional Kryo-Tech Accessories enable cryogenic grinding and preserve temperature sensitive samples for RNA and protein extractions.
- Adjustable clamp with a release button that allows users to secure vials or titer plates of various sizes.
- Lid has safety interlock during run.
- Strong vertical clamp movement of 500-1750 strokes/minute ensures that grinding media directly impact the sample each and every time.
- Typical sample processing time of 1-2 minutes.
- Tissue Homogenization
- DNA/RNA Research and extraction
- Cell Lysis
- Protein Extraction
- Samples include: Animal tissue and organs, Yeast, Bacteria, Blood